Way more than just the Weather
Get involved, get creative and be seen on TV this summer.
People°s Weather invites you to take part in My First Weather Report!
Calling all aspirant TV stars - now's your chance to appear on the box hosting your very own mini-weather broadcast!
People°s Weather – Africa’s first and only 24/7 weather, environmental news and lifestyle channel – launched My First Weather Report during South Africa’s lockdown and we have seen hundreds of brilliant weather enthusiasts deliver the weekend weather over the year. Everyone is invited to take part in this fun family activity.
Those wanting to participate should email [email protected] after which the channel will revert with a broadcast time and you will be sent a weather forecast and brief by the channel for your selected day. Then simply submit your video clip of you presenting a weather report.
Says Stephan le Roux, CEO of People°s Weather: “The channel strives to make Africa’s nature more inclusive for all and what better way to do that than to use weather, which connects us all, as a conversation starter.
“This is a perfect way for the family to keep busy during the lockdown while also providing a fun and educational way for the children to interact with their surroundings - be it indoors or out in their garden. It's great for youngsters to understand the role weather plays in our day to day lives.
“It also instils confidence in children as they not only have to appear in front of a camera and deliver a message, but they also get to see themselves on the TV screen!”
To make things easier for entrants, People°s Weather has provided a MY FIRST WEATHER REPORT brief below:
• Film a clip of you or your family presenting a weather report. Be as creative as possible.
• Duration: 1 – 2 minutes (no longer). Remember to film landscape/horizontal
• Weather forecast: Script to be provided by the channel. Weather forecast will be for the weekend, delivered on a Wednesday.
• Please provide a photo of you or your family so we can introduce the clip.
• Don’t delete mistakes
• Parents guiding voices and radiant personalities are welcome
• Make sure the audio is clear
• You don’t have to recite the actual weather forecast, detailed weather information will be on screen
• Only upload a maximum of three takes. If you want us to edit between clips, please provide details
• Don’t play any music or have your radio or TV on in the background
• Please contact us by Tuesday to for the weekend weather.
* The Weather forecast script will be provided on Wednesday via email - the day of production.
• Clips to be uploaded and sent to the channel by latest 12pm/ midday on Thursday of the same week.
• Clips will be on-air on the hour, starting 6am, on Saturday and Sunday
So get involved, get creative and be seen on TV!
My First Weather Report (People°s Weather, Openview channel 115) airs on the hour, starting 06:00, on Saturday and Sunday until 18:00.