1. This Promotional Competition (“Competition”) is organised by Danone Southern Africa (Proprietary) Limited (“Promoter”).
2. The Competition is open to permanent residents and citizens of South Africa aged 16 (sixteen) years and older, in possession of a valid South African Identity Document (“Participant/s").
3. Participants under the age of 18 (eighteen) years (“minor”), must have obtained the prior consent of their parents or legal guardians, and the parents or legal guardians must have read and accepted these rules, prior to the participant participating in the Competition. Moreover, should the minor be declared a winner, the legal guardian or parent will be required to accept the Prize on behalf of the minor.
4. Any persons below the age of 16 (sixteen) years or any employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant or any person directly or indirectly who controls or is controlled by the Promoter and/or immediate family members of any employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant of or person indirectly or directly in control or controlled by the Promoter, its advertising agencies, advisers, dealers and suppliers identified by the trademarks owned by or licensed to Danone Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd, its affiliates and/or associated companies, may not participate in this Competition (“Disqualified Participants”).
5. By entering the Competition, all Participants and winners agree to be bound by these rules as interpreted by the Promoter, whose decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, modify, or change these rules, and to postpone, suspend or cancel this Competition and any Prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which the Promoter reasonably deems necessary.
6. The Competition is only valid within South Africa. Participants must be within South Africa at the time of entering the Competition, for the verification process and at the time of the prizes being awarded should they be declared a winner, failing which such person will be disqualified and the draw of a replacement entry shall take place under the same terms and conditions as the first draw.
7. A total of 23 (twenty three) prizes, worth R80 000.00 (eighty thousand rand) are to be won. Each Prize is comprised of the following:
a. 20 (twenty) R1 000.00 (one thousand rand) cash prizes and 1 (one) NutriDay Junior Hamper;
b. 3 (three) R10 000.00 (ten thousand rand) cash prizes and 1 (one) NutriDay Junior Hamper.
8. The Competition commences on 31 August 2020 and ends at noon (12pm) on 12 October 2020, all days inclusive.
9. Participants will be required to do the following to stand a chance to win any 1 (one) of the Prizes:
a. Fill in the entry form on the danone.co.za website to stand a chance to win.
10. All Participants, who have filled in the form on Danone South Africa’s website post between 14 September 2020 and noon (12pm) on 12 October 2020 will be eligible to stand a chance to win any 1 (one) of the Prizes.
11. Participants can enter the competition once, subject to the following:
a. No automated entries will be allowed, and all entries must be made by a natural person.
b. If any entry was made in a manner which, at the Promoter’s discretion provides the Participant with an unfair advantage over other Participants, such a Participant will be disqualified from this and all future competitions run by the Promoter.
c. Only one Prize per household may be won;
d. Participants who have entered and won a competition organised by the Promoter in the last 6 (six) months cannot enter this Competition.
12. Winners will be selected by a panel of judges on 18th and 25th September and 2nd October The judge’s decision is final and binding and the Promoter will not enter any correspondence regarding the decision.
13. The Promoter will require the winners to complete and sign a Winner Indemnity Form. Should any winner refuse or be unable to comply with this requirement for any reason, such a winner will be deemed to have rejected the Prize and it shall revert to the Promoter.
14. The winners will be notified via email / SMS.
a. Once the possible winners are notified email / SMS, they will have 24 (twenty four) hours to respond to the winner notification. If any possible winner fails to respond within 24 (twenty four) hours, the Promoter reserves the right to select another winner.
b. For the entries to be confirmed as valid, the Promoter may call the potential winners and conduct a Competition verification process. The Winners will need to provide
their full name, contact number and email address. The Promoter will advise the winners when they will receive their prize.
GENERAL COMPETITION RULES:
15. The Prize winners are obligated to behave responsibly and comply with the Competition rules and all reasonable requests of the Promoter and its agents.
16. The Prizes are neither transferable nor redeemable for cash. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prizes with any other prize of comparable commercial value.
17. No liability shall be attached to the Promoter in relation to any claims, losses or liabilities for any loss of profit or any other direct and/or indirect, special or consequential loss arising out of any of the prizes. The Promoter is not liable for any defects in the Prizes. Ownership of and risk in, and benefit attaching to, the prizes will pass to you immediately.
18. Should any dispute arise in relation to the interpretation of the Competition rules, the Promoter’s decision shall be final, and no correspondence shall be entered.
19. All Participants and winners, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoter, it’s advertising agencies, advisers, nominated agents, partners and suppliers identified by the trademarks owned by or licensed to Danone Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd, its affiliates and/or associated companies against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in any way howsoever in this Competition (including, as a result of any act or omission, whether as a result of negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the Promoter and/or use of the prizes).
20. The Promoter may require the winners to be identified, photographed and published in printed media, or appear on radio and television, when accepting their prizes or after having received their prizes. The winners will be given the opportunity to decline the publication of their images and to participate in the Promoter’s marketing material in so far as it relates to the Competition. The Promoter may use the uploaded images in whole or in part, and any reproductions thereof, worldwide for advertising, promotion, publicity or otherwise on any website for any media purpose and for any other lawful purpose whatsoever.
21. By entering the Competition, the participants agree that Danone Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd and its affiliates (including the Promoter, subsidiaries and joint ventures) may contact the participants via email and through social media platforms to deliver
22. Winners of this Competition will be logged into a central database of social and digital prize winners which is administered by the Promoter. Winners of this Competition will be excluded from winning promoted Prizes offered by the Promoters, for a period of 6 (six) months after the draw date of this Competition. This applies to all social and digital Competitions carried out by the following brands: Activia, Alpro, Danup,Divine, Mayo, Nutriday, Snax, Ultramel and YogiSip.
23. By posting any content, experiences or images on any social media platform, in relation to this Competition and its associated promotional activities, Participants consent and give the Promotor a worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish any content posted and/or submitted by a Participant on a social media site, for the purposes of promoting the products and services of the Promotor.
24. The Promoter may require the winners to complete and submit an information disclosure agreement and indemnification to enable the Promoter to ensure compliance with these Rules and the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008. Should any winner refuse or be unable to comply with this rule for any reason, such a winner will be deemed to have rejected the Prize and it shall revert to the Promoter.
25. The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administrated by, or associated with Facebook or any other social media platform. Participants voluntarily provide their information to the Promoters and not to Facebook- nor any other social media platform. However, the Participants are required to take note of the following:
a. As this Competition requires Participants to comment/post anything in relation to the relevant Facebook- or other social media platforms, Participants’ comments/posts/slogans/suggested lines must be original and written by them. For the purposes of these Competition Rules, “comment/post” includes but is not limited to, any written material or visual or audio material such as an image, a photograph, a sound clip or a visual clip. Participants may not use someone else’s post or work as their post. Participants may not comment/post material that is derogatory or harmful to the Promoter or the social platforms.
b. Participants may not misuse the social media platforms or Competition, or the Danone logo and/or brand in any way. This includes posting content for commercial purposes or distributing spam or malicious code or using the site to collect the personal data or content of other users or direct visitors to other sites or pages.
c. Posts must not contain any content that is normally prohibited on the relevant social platforms such as explicit or offensive content.
d. The Promoter has the absolute discretion to decide if Participants’ actions constitute any of the actions prohibited in terms of these Rules and to end their participation in the competition immediately and take appropriate legal action. The Promoter may also immediately remove any posts that they reasonably believe constitute any prohibited content without notice to the Participant.
e. Participants must comply with the terms, conditions and privacy policies of the social media platforms.
f. The Promoter is not responsible for the social media platforms. The Promoter cannot control how they operate, when or if they are available, or what content they carry. Even though the Promoter runs the Competition on the site, the Promoter does not endorse the third party, its site, its products, or services or any content on the site. Participants use the site at their own risk. Participants must take all necessary measures to protect themselves and any minors from risks such as viruses and other destructive code.
g. Participants must, at their own expense, obtain all equipment and services necessary to gain access to the social media platforms to take part in this Competition.
h. The Promoter can put in place such technical or other remedies it considers appropriate to prevent abuse, protect any sites, systems or other users. If any Participant does not comply with these Rules, their posts can be deleted and they will not be allowed to access the site or take part in the Competition.
j. By posting any content, experiences, images on any social media platform, in relation to this Competition and its associated promotional activities, Participants consent and give the Promoter a worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive license, to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish any content posted and/or submitted by a Participant on a social media platform, for the purposes of promoting the products and services of the Promotor.
k. The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administrated by, or associated with Twitter, or any other social media platform. Participants provide their information to the Promoters and not to Twitter, or any other social media platform
All queries relating to the Competition can be directed to the Danone Customer Care Line on 0800 from Monday to Friday, 08H00 to 17H00. A copy of the Competition rules is available at no cost to the Participants and can be downloaded in printable form at www.corporate.danone.co.za/brands/nutriday-junior.html