1. I agree and undertake that I shall be bound by and comply with the terms and conditions for entry to the Openview Connect Super Connectors Game Show. That in the event that I fail to comply with the terms and conditions of entry for any reason that my entry shall not be eligible and shall be disqualified from the Competition.
Terms and Conditions of Entry
2. In order to be able to enter the Competition and to be eligible to comply with the terms and conditions of entry. It is a condition that the person must be a resident of the Republic of South Africa and Eighteen/18 years of age or older and have an RICA’ed Openview Connect Dongle.
3. Any person who is an employee of any of the following companies eMedia Investments/e.tv/Vodacom and/or any other agent, promoter and/or other person connected with the Competition and/or a member of their family shall not be allowed to enter the Competition and shall be ineligible to participate. If any such person should enter then they will be automatically disqualified.
4. eMedia Investments/e.tv/Vodacom shall be entitled at its sole discretion to declare that any entry is not to be entered for the Openview Connect Super Connectors Game Show and is disqualified (whether or not the answer is correct.) In such event eMedia Investments/e.tv/Vodacom shall not be obliged to the person who has entered of their disqualification nor shall it be obliged to provide a reason for its decision.
5. All decisions of eMedia Investments/e.tv/Vodacom shall be final and eMedia Investments/e.tv/Vodacom shall not enter into any correspondence, dialogue and/or otherwise with any person regarding any aspect of the Competition.
6. All entries must be original, and not abusive, defamatory, offensive, derogatory, degrading and/or otherwise not acceptable due to the nature of the material submitted.
7. eMedia Investments/e.tv/ Vodacom may at its sole discretion decide that any entry is not eligible due to the nature of the content of the entry and may disqualify a person from the Competition and any such future events.
Prize(s) and Duration of Competition
8. The prize(s) shall consist of:
A share in One Million Rand in Vodacom Data.
9. Data Allocation
9.1 Data allocated will NOT be transferrable to another number.
9.2 The data allocated can only be used on the number associated with the Openview Connect Dongle of the winning contestant for live tv game shows and social media competitions.
9.3 Vodacom will verify that the cell phone number provided by Openview (Winners) is that of Openview and is in the dongle.
9.4 If the cell phone number is not in the dongle and not Openview Connect Dongle, the customer will not be allocated any data and the winnings will be forfeited.
9.5 Data is only valid for 30 days once-off and will be allocated monthly for 12 months (Live tv winner) 6 months (Friend).
9.6 Vodacom Once off data terms and conditions applicable Vodacom Terms and Conditions - Mobile Internet Once-off Data T & Cs
9.7 Winners must allow for a period of seven working days for the data to be allocated by Vodacom.
9.8 Should the seven-day period pass without data being allocated to the winning numbers, customers are required to contact Openview Customer Care.
9.9 Openview Customer Care will liaise with Vodacom using their existing channels to resolve customer data allocation disputes.
10. The Competition starts on the 29th September 2021 and ends on the 13th March 2022. The competition is comprised of:-
10.1 On-air game show consisting of six episodes with 2 main contestants each. The main contestants will also have the opportunity to call a friend and they too in turn stand a chance to win data if they answer the question correctly.
10.2 Social media show campaign consisting of 2 episodes per week over 6 weeks. The Contestants that have been selected to participate in the Super Connectors game show by the broadcaster agree to provide the broadcaster with any and all 'selfie' style videos, as per the specifications and formats that will be supplied, requested by the broadcaster to be used as part of the game show production or its competition mechanic. Furthermore, selected contestants will provide the broadcaster the unencumbered right to utilize these videos across all media and communication platforms, in all territories, at the broadcaster's sole discretion
10.3 Daily social media spot prizes consisting of daily pand 1 winner per day for the duration of the competition. All persons who enter by this method must have the permission of the person in whose name the computer or any other electronic media device is held and/or who pays the bill. Once an entry is made, participants can deem entry as valid. All entries must be completed by the deadline. Participants will be chosen through a random selection by a 3rd party and the winning entries will be selected by our third-party suppliers and will be notified within 7 days of the competition post on the Openview Social Media page. www.facebook.com/openviewHD or Intsagram or Twitter page @openviewforever. Winners will also be contacted via their social media inbox.
Cost and Method of Entry
11. There is no entry cost, all costs incurred by you to the enter are your personal responsibility. All entrants need to own an Openview Connect Dongle that has been RICA’ed by Vodacom. There are no refunds for any entries, which are received by eMedia Investments/e.tv/ Vodacom which are ineligible and/or after the deadline. Only the following methods of entry to the Competition will be accepted by eMedia Investments/e.tv:-
- For the on-air and social media show game show, entry will be via the competition page on www.openview.co.za and the Official Openview social media pages.
- For daily spot prizes on social media, entry will be via the Openview Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/openviewHD, Instagram or Twitter page @openviewforever.
12. By participating in the competition and confirming your acceptance of the terms and conditions of entry. All entries must be completed by the deadline. All persons who enter by this method must have the permission of the person in whose name the computer or any other electronic media device is held and/or who pays the bill. Once an entry is made, participants can deem entry as valid. Participants will be chosen through a random selection by a 3rd party.
13. No responsibility can be accepted by eMedia Investments/e.tv/ Vodacom for any entries which are incomplete, are delayed beyond the deadlines, fail to arrive, are illegible, do not arrive and/or for any other reason are not received by the deadline and/or are ineligible.
14. No responsibility can be accepted by eMedia Investments/e.tv/Vodacom for the cost and/or charges incurred in respect of any entries. eMedia Investments/e.tv/Vodacom shall not be liable for any reason to any person who may enter the Competition and each person enters at their own risk and cost.
15. There shall be no independent supervision of the Competition and all decisions are at the sole discretion of eMedia Investments/e.tv/Vodacom.
16. The decision of eMedia Investments/e.tv/Vodacom as to the winners of the Competition shall be final.
17. No entrant can be awarded more than one prize per competition.
18. The winners will be notified within the timescale specified below unless eMedia Investments/e.tv decides at its sole discretion that the timescale for notification needs to be extended for any reason.
19. All prizes have to be accepted and taken by the person who is awarded the prize. After that date, no prize shall be available to that person and at eMedia Investments/e.tv/ Vodacom, sole discretion, another eligible person may be selected for the prize. The prize winner has 48 hours to respond from the first contact, thereafter eMedia Investments/e.tv/Vodacom may contact a new winner.
20. The prize can only be awarded and/or taken by the person whose name is provided at the time of prize confirmation of the Competition. There is no alternate sizing or cash available as an alternative to any prize should the prize winner not want the awarded prize, nor is eMedia Investments/e.tv/Vodacom obliged to exchange and/or transfer any prize to another person.
Changes to Terms and Conditions of Entry and Prizes
21. eMedia Investments/e.tv/ Vodacom reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw and/or substitute any prize at any time for any reason. eMedia Investments/e.tv/ Vodacom may replace and/or substitute any prize with any products, goods, services and/or cash which it decides is appropriate in the circumstances.
22. eMedia Investments/e.tv/ Vodacom may at any time decide to change, cancel, amend, vary, delete, add to, and/or otherwise alter the terms and conditions of entry, the prizes and/or any other part of the Competition. eMedia Investments/e.tv/ Vodacom shall not be required to send a separate notification to each person who has and/or may enter the Competition. It shall be sufficient that details shall be available on the social media platforms and telephonically.
Assignment and Moral Rights
23. It is a condition of entry that the person entering the Competition agrees and undertakes to assign to eMedia Investments/e.tv/ Vodacom the sole and exclusive intellectual property rights including copyright whether in existence now and/or created in the future and any other rights in all media throughout the world and universe in all the material entered for the Competition (except their personal details) [including but limited to any text, film, photograph, and/or otherwise] for the full period of copyright and any extensions and/or renewals and in perpetuity.
24. eMedia Investments/e.tv/ Vodacom shall have the right to assign, licence and/or commercially exploit the material in any form and the person shall not be entitled to receive any sums. No rights of any nature shall be retained by the person who entered the Competition.
25. The person who entered the Competition waives the right to be identified as the author of the material submitted for the Competition. It is agreed that eMedia Investments/e.tv/ Vodacom may be credited as the copyright owner and may assign, licence and/or commercially exploit the material in any form and the person shall not be entitled to receive any sums.
26. The personal details which have been submitted for the Competition will be held by the eMedia Investments/e.tv/ Vodacom. This information will only be shared with third parties involved with the Competition for the administration of the Competition and/or the supply and delivery of the prizes. The personal details will only be held for 24 months (2 years) from date of competition entry and will then be destroyed and/or deleted.
Force Majeure and Law
27. Where for any reason beyond the reasonable control of eMedia Investments/e.tv the Competition cannot be carried out and/or completed as planned and/or advertised. Then eMedia Investments/e.tv reserves the right to cancel the Openview Connect Super Connectors Game Show at any time and in such event shall not be liable to any person for any reason who may have entered Openview Connect Super Connectors Game Show. The total liability if any such be the cost of the postage, email, and/or text, which in any event shall be the participant’s responsibility.
28. The terms and conditions of this Competition shall be subject to the Laws of The Republic of South Africa.
19. Winners shall have their names and prizes published on eMedia Investments/e.tv/Vodacom Online/social media platforms/ on-air platform.
20. All entrants agree to the following publicity and marketing: Online/social media platforms/ on-air platform.
Contact Details of Company
21. The contact details of the Company are 4 Albury Road, Dunkeld West 011 537 9300